Monday, February 13, 2012

Minnesota Swarm at the Xcel Energy Center

It is rare we shed light on the happenings of the Swarm, Minnesota's Lacrosse team. We will for this post, though, because they are on a win streak, unlike the Minnesota Wild.

On Friday the Swarm took over the Xcel in a game where they overwhelmed the Edmonton Rush 10-9. Following the win, Evan Kirk made 46 saves in his National Lacrosse League debut to power the Swarm to a 9-6 win over the Rochester Knighthawks on Sunday!

Minnesota is now sitting at 3-2 after winning their second game in three days. The win over the Knighthawks snapped a five-game losing streak that Rochester had over Minnesota.

I've never been to a swarm game, but I have a coworker who finds the games to be a ton of fun and fan-friendly. Not to mention, she said the Swarm roster is quite attractive! I'm making it my goal to go and check a game out before the season wraps up... who know's, maybe I'll meet Mr. Lacrosse.

No comments: