Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where is the Killer Instinct?

The Minnesota Wild had a chance to put a nail in the Vancouver Canucks' coffin tonight but instead they came out flat and lost to the Canucks in overtime. So, instead of being up eight points on Vancouver in the standings, they are only up five points which is in striking distance. I don't understand how the Minnesota Wild could not be fired up beyond belief for tonight's NHL game but they weren't. At this point in the season, I still don't have a good feel for whether the Minnesota Wild has what it takes to go on a long NHL Playoff run. I would like to buy Minnesota Wild Playoff tickets this year so I hope they have what it takes!

I also wish someone would drill Matt Cooke. There are very few NHL players that I despise as much as Matt Cooke. For some reason, the referees are blind to his "cheap shots" and his instigating ways. It would be really fun to watch someone (Fedoruk) kick his butt!

No comments: