Thursday, October 2, 2008

2008-2009 Minnesota Wild Roster

I am embarrassed to admit it but I can't remember a past year when I had lower expectations than I have this year for the Minnesota Wild. The lack of "big splash" free agent signings as well as the loss of excellent contributors like Rolston and Demitra has me longing for the years when I expected the Minnesota Wild to win and go to the NHL Playoffs. However, let's face it, the Minnesota Wild hasn't exactly prospered in the playoffs since their improbable run to the Western Conference Finals during the 2002-2003 season. Every year after that run, I had extremely high expectations to only be let down by my favorite NHL team. I just hope that this year the exact opposite happens where I expect very little but the Minnesota Wild thrives and brings home their first Stanley Cup!

I am definitely going to grab a few Minnesota Wild Tickets for the Home Opener versus the Boston Bruins in order to see if the impressive preseason record is for real. GO WILD!!!

2 comments:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

C'mon now, we filled up what we lost, we just didn't really have any luck signing any really big names...we should have an alright season, just not a spectacular one.

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

What do you think about the season so far?